CityNews Article Archive:
Fireworks Go Up in Smoke as House Burns Down Injuring Three in Doi Saket
CityNews – Three people were injured when a house used to make fireworks caught fire and lead to multiple explosions.
Not much was left of the two bikes
On 5th September, 11.25 a.m., Doi Saket Police Station received a call saying that a house in the Sanpuloei sub-district of Doi Saket was ablaze.
When police arrived with fire engines and a rescue team they found a two storey half-wooden house already almost burnt to the ground. The three injured Suree Namphee (38), Prapaporn Yatphung (30) and Orathai Aunbuiton (41) had all suffered burns and were sent to Doi Saket Hospital.
Two motorcycles parked near the house were also destroyed. Witnesses at the incident said the house belonged to a man named Wun who had rented the house to make fireworks in and later sell at shops and events in Chiang Mai.
There were five workers working there full time. It’s thought an electrical short from the plug of a fan was the cause of the fire. Because of the contents of the house the flames quickly spread and it was difficult for the workers to get away.
The police are currently trying to find out if the man had a permit to make fireworks, according to the Control of Firearms Act 1947.
A former house
? ? 3 ? ?.
? 11.25 ?.? 5 ? 55 ? ?.? ?.? ?-? ? ? 111 ? 4 ? ?.? ?.? ?.? ?
? ? 3 ? ? ? ? ? 38 ? ? ? ? 30 ? ? ? ? 41 ? ? ? ? ? 2 ? ? ?.?.?.? ? ? ?.? ?.? ? ? ? ?.? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 5 ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ?.?. 2490 ?