Three found dead in condo after dramatic police siege

 | Mon 8 Mar 2021 12:47 ICT

Police say that they have discovered the bodies of three people in a luxury condominium, after a two day siege.

According to police, a warrant was issued by Phra Khanong Police Station in Bangkok for Sumet Krongwon, 25, after an online scam he set up saw over twenty people lose a total of tens of millions of baht. Police say that Sumet had operated the web site where he allegedly sold vanity license plates. After selling a special plate to someone online, the site would block them, leaving them no recourse but to go to the police.

Sumet had escaped Bangkok with his girlfriend Arnda Piyaraks, 18, who also had an arrest warrant out in her name.

On the 4th March police arrived at the condominium to find that Sumet had locked himself inside with Arnda and Vichuda Siemsak, 23, his wife, as well as their three year old son.

Police brought relatives of all three adults to the condo to attempt to negotiate their surrender, but all three refused. Sumet finally allowed his son to leave, after initially threatening to kill everyone, including his son.

Sumet’s parents told police that he was a very stubborn man and they feared he would not give himself up, a fact soon supported by Sumet who then barricaded himself, his girlfriend and his wife in the room, all three of them telling police that they would rather die than surrender.

Police stood guard and surrounded the condominium, taking over the rooms flanking the room Sumet and his women were locked in all night.

Four gunshots were then heard on the morning of the 5th of March before all communication ceased.

At around 2am on the morning of the 6th, a heat sensor drone detected no heat inside the apartment and relatives feared the worst.

By the morning, police checked the water metre and found that no water had been used since the previous night. It was then that police decided to raid the apartment, breaking in to find all three lying in bed holding each other, dead from gunshot wounds.

Police suspect Sumet shot both women before shooting himself. They also said that all three women were willing to die with Sumet and had told their relatives goodbye. A good bye note from Sumet to his family telling them he loved them was left behind.