A meeting was held today at the municipal office to discuss the reopening of the Sunday Walking Street down Ratdamnoen Road.
It was agreed that the Sunday Walking Street will commence again on the 7th June between 4pm and 9pm.
There will, however, be safety measures put in place as follows.
1. There will be four health check points to check temperatures in front of Tha Pae Gate, in front of Phra Singh temple and at the Yupparaj School and Buddhisopol intersections.
2. Stalls will have a distance of at least one metre from one another, with screens set to separate them. Screens will also be placed in front of all food vendors.
3. All visitors as well as vendors will have to register to make possible contact tracing that may later occur in the future.
4. A basket will be used for the exchange of money. Though cashless payments will be encouraged.
5. Put better signs up describing products and prices, to lessen conversation between vendors and buyers.
6. Every vendor must provide free alcohol gel to customers.
There will be a team of people checking and warning anyone who violates these rules. Any vendors found in violation will not be allowed to return to the market. If any zone has more than 20% of vendors violate the rules, the entire zone will be banned.
Massage businesses, buskers and street performers won’t be allowed.