Korean Barbecue Restaurant In Flames, 6 Rescued

 | Fri 18 Mar 2016 09:02 ICT

CityNews – A well-known Korean Barbecue restaurant in Sri Phum caught on fire at around 4am on March 18, destroying the restaurant and upper floors where six people were stuck, but rescued by fire crews.

bbq restaurant fire

Police and fire crews were called to the scene after local people reported the fire.

The fire, that started on the first floor of a four storey building had engulfed the entire building by the time fire crews arrived at the scene.

Six people were stuck on the upper floors of the building, but were all rescued. One person was sent to hospital with smoke inhalation related injuries.

According to the owner of the building, 55-year-old Thirasak Jarapantawong, the Korean barbecue restaurant was closed and all equipment checked before leaving.

Police believe the fire started on the first floor and quickly grew due to the large amount of wooden tables and fixtures in the restaurant and the collection of gas canisters.

Damages have been estimated to exceed one million baht.