Elderly Man Dies in House Fire

 | Mon 19 Oct 2015 07:50 ICT

CityNews – October 17, a wooden house in Sanpatong district caught on fire, trapping the owner inside who then died.

house fire old man died

Rescue services were called to the scene after neighbours saw smoke coming from the house.

Firemen took around 20 minutes to control the blaze but it was too late – they found the body of homeowner 65-year-old Niwat Thanoi, inside.

According to locals, Niwat lived on his own in the house.

Police believe the fire started from a short circuiting electrical wires.