Let’s enjoy the Flower Blooming Festival in Chiang Mai, throughout February and March, along with stories, sites and inspirational blossoms at more than 100 tourist attractions, hotels and establishments in “Chiang Mai Blooms 2021” to plan the perfect travel itinerary of flower appreciation from February to March and to promote Chiang Mai as one of the global festival cities. While also helping the tourism and hospitality sector during the Covid-19 pandemic. For more information please contact www.ChiangMaiBlooms.com, Facebook: Chiang Mai Blooms, and Line official account: Chiang Mai Blooms.
The Visit Lanna for MICE and Tourism Industry in Northern Thailand and The Thai Hotels Association of Northern Upper region, together with Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau aim to enhance the flower appreciation experiences at the beginning of the year and to create more travel content, throughout the whole February and March, from food, arts, designing, running, workshops, along with special promotions from hotels, restaurants, spas and tourist attractions around Chiang Mai, collaborating to present products and provide services through inspirational blossoms and to create floral experiences that could not be found elsewhere in the region.
“Chiang Mai Blooms 2021”, now in its fourth year, has gradually developed due to the past experiences in terms of events, entrepreneurs joining the project and participants; however, due to the spread of Covid-19, changing the main goal of Chiang Mai Blooms to focus on supporting the tourism and hospitality sector of Chiang Mai which is now in a recession. The activities will be focused on local tourists and telling stories, involving integrated activities to help entrepreneurs, communities, and farmers. Also, hotels, restaurants, spas and tourist attractions will custom products and provide services, which include flowers as main elements of the event, in both online platforms and the actual location.
Chiang Mai Blooms will also strictly follow the measures against the Coronavirus and create hygiene activities such as Chiang Mai Blooms Photo Contest X at the Chiang Mai House of Photography, online exhibitions, Blooms in the Jungle at Ban Buak Toey, Blooms Run X(for tourists to run through the flower garden in Muang Kaew Subdistrict Municipality), Chiang Mai Blooms City Gallery will display floral photography and artworks of participants in Blooms Photo Contest will also be displayed, Blooms Bazaar’s workshop, shopping in Jing Jai Market Chiang Mai, Flowers on the table (competing with florists to decorate dining table under the theme of “Blooming Season” through online platform), Blooms Beat (listening to different genres of music in I Love Flower Farm), Chiang Mai Bloom Chef’s Table (dining 4 meals with 4 themes, using main ingredients from the Royal Project), and Blooms Journey (the travel package includes accommodation, restaurants, flower-viewing with various types of flowers, workshop activities and the exclusive dinner at the festival from February to March).
“Chiang Mai Blooms 2021” is fully sponsored by Chiang Mai city, Chiang Mai Provincial Administrative Organization, Chiang Mai Municipality, Thailand Convention and
Exhibition Bureau, Tourism Authority of Thailand, Government Housing Bank, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Bank of Thailand, and other sponsors.
Chiang Mai Blooms Photo Contest X at the Chiang Mai House of Photography
• This is an opportunity for everyone all over Thailand to send flower photos under the theme of “Blooming Season”
Everyone is invited to join the Blooming season and flower guided happiness.
• Please submit your beautiful shots for a chance to win the top 3 grand prizes and the top 2 popular vote awards (subject to Honours Committee approval). You can either submit your pictures by yourself at the Chiang Mai House of Photography or just email your picture to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The entry date starts from January 6, 2021, to February 17, 2021, and the announcement date is February 19, 2021.
Blooms in the Jungle
• Tourists are warmly welcomed to the rose garden tour where you can enjoy the unique beauty of Chiang Mai.
• Rose picking from the garden with the special price of floral arrangement service.
• From February 12- 16, 2021 at I Love Flower Farm, Ban Buak Toey, Mae Rim district.
Flowers on the table
• Florists are invited to join the dining table decorating competition under the theme of “Blooming Season” by submitting your work through online platforms according to the rules and regulations of the judges.
• Submit your photos and videos of decorating at Line official: Chiang Mai Blooms according to the rules and regulations. The prizes will be considered by a panel of florist experts and the winner announcement will be via Facebook page: Chiang Mai Blooms. (there are top 3 grand prizes and the top 2 popular vote awards)
• The entry date starts from February 20, 2021, to March 19, 2021, and the announcement date is March 20, 2021.
Blooms Run X Muang Kaew Subdistrict
• Running festival organized for runners to visit the flower garden in the community and run through the finish line with colorful flowers along the way in the Muang Kaew community.
• We offer a 10 kilometers mini-marathon and a 5 kilometers fun run.
• On February 21, 2021, from 05.30 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. at the Muang Kaew community.
Chiang Mai Blooms City Gallery
• Flower Photographic Exhibition and artworks of participants in the Blooms Photo Contest
• The photo exhibition and live streaming on Facebook Page: Chiang Mai Blooms, Chiang Mai House of Photography
• From February 22 to March 22, 2021 at the Chiang Mai House of Photography
• Join workshops and purchase locally handcrafted products and local organic products, involving the floral stories of more than 200 entrepreneurs. There are also new products exclusively only at Chiang Mai Blooms 2021 and “Blooming in the concrete jungle” exhibition, the exhibited flowers are from the flower garden in Muang Kaew community, which is affected by the Covid-19 crisis, resulting in the reduction of income and the decrease in purchase orders
• From February 27 to February 28, 2021, from 06:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Jing Jai Market Chiang Mai
• There will be a concert for Orchestra Pop and Pop Funk bands from Chiang Mai musicians with the stage in the center of the flower garden for 2 consecutive days. There will be 4 bands performing each day such as RibbindaSky, The Older Fashioned Club x Sirisook Dance Theatre, GG Band, and other bands. Along with food and beverages provided by the chefs of The Thai Hotels Association of Northern Upper region, the menu with the stories of flowers, and the crops from organic farms in the form of Farm to the table.
• From February 27 to February 28, 2021, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at I Love Flower Farm, Mae Rim district.
Chiang Mai Bloom Chef’s Table X The Royal Project
• Dining 4 meals with 4 themes, using main ingredients from the Royal Project, Chiang Mai and Let’s Plant Meat project, which is the project of plant-based meat, providing health benefits and reducing mowing plants for livestock feed, the cause of air pollution in the Northern region.
• The dining is limited to only 40 guests.
• From March 6 to March 7 and March 13 to March 14, 2021 (Please note that the schedule is subject to change)
• The travel package includes accommodation, restaurants, flower-viewing with various types of flowers, workshop activities and the exclusive dinner at the festival from February to March