Abandoned House Catches Fire

 | Wed 29 Jul 2015 03:44 ICT

CityNews – An abandoned wooden house in Tha Sala area caught fire on July 28.

wooden house fire

Firemen took around 30 minutes to control the blaze.

The fire caused a huge amount of damage to the house, estimated at around 100,000 baht.

According to 43-year-old Tam Wongharn, who lives nearby, the house which caught fire was built over 30 years ago and has never had anyone living in it. He was the first to notice the fire after smelling smoke.

The police believe the cause of fire was due to electrical wires in the house short circuiting, as they are very old and have not been taken care of.

The investigation continues.