Hotel Fire Caused by Greasy Chimney

 | Tue 30 Jan 2018 08:23 ICT

CityNews – Fire at a hotel in town due to the greasy exhaust chimney.

Around 9pm on January 9th, police responded to a fire at The Park Hotel in T. Chang Klan. The blaze had reportedly been contained to the hotel’s kitchen by the time the fire-fighters arrived and many guests were fleeing from the building. The fire reportedly started in the kitchen on the second floor. A cook later said that he was preparing a meal for the hotel’s client and left the stove lit while he decorated the dish for about 10 minutes. However, when he went back to the stove the fire already started in the exhaust chimney and soon spread rapidly into the kitchen. The cause of fire is suspected to be the grease accumulated in the exhaust chimney that ignited the flame. There were no casualties. The estimate damage was only 10,000 baht.