3 Houses Catch Fire in Chiang Dao

 | Fri 19 Jun 2015 07:30 ICT

CityNews — A cluster of houses that belonged to tribal labourers in the Chiang Dao district caught fire on June 18th.


When the blaze was eventually controlled, three houses and a storehouse were found to be damaged by the flames, and damages were estimated at 100,000 baht.

According to the owner of the houses, a 53 year old Lahu man named Jayee Laoseu, he had been working with his family in the area of the Mae Ta Man Water Conservation Unit taking care of teak trees when the structures caught fire, so they were not immediately aware of the accident.

Officials believe that the blaze may be traced to a short circuit.

The investigation is ongoing.