Chiang Mai Citylife > CityNews > Featured > Transformer Hit By Lighting in Jet Yod, Causes Dorm Fire

Transformer Hit By Lighting in Jet Yod, Causes Dorm Fire

CityNews – A lightning strike hit a transformer in Jet Yod that caused a fire to spread to the neighbouring dormitory around 3pm today, causing a fire that consumed part of the building before it was quickly put out by fire crews.


The fire quickly spread to the dorm after the fire entered the air vent on the fourth floor, damaging several rooms before spreading to the fifth floor.

The fire also spread to the ground floor but the fire was quickly put out after fire crews arrived. It took thirty minutes from the start of the fire to being put out by fire crews and so far there are no reports of injury.