Transformer Explodes in Warorot Market Causing Fire

 | Thu 14 Jul 2016 06:25 ICT

CityNews – An electrical transformer in Warorot Market exploded this morning, resulting in a small electrical fire outside of the Land and House bank.

electrical fire

Police, fire crews and electricity officals were called to the scene to help stop the fire and cut electricity while the incident was being dealt with.

Nobody was injured but witnesses said they heard and explosion and saw sparking electrical wires.

The cause of the explosion will be investigated further.