Power bank bursts into flames at the airport

 | Fri 26 Jul 2019 13:25 ICT

CityNews – A passenger’s portable power charger burst into flames at the airport.

A video clip has been released by Chiang Mai International Airport exposing an incident on July 21st when the backpack of a passenger suddenly caught on fire. The passenger was outside of the building and was able to throw the backpack onto the ground before the fire started to spread.

When the flame was seemingly extinguished and the passenger was retrieving the bag, the flames started again from the portable power charger. No one was injured from this incident. The passenger’s clothes was slightly burnt. The release of this incident’s video clip is to warn passengers to use portable power chargers properly as they can leads to serious danger.