Loy Krathong candles set fire to garage

 | Wed 13 Nov 2019 14:17 ICT

Small round flat candles nearly burnt whole garage

CityNews – On the night of 11th November 2019, police officers and a rescue team rushed to the scene of a fire burning at a house in Mae Hia district.  Mae Hia municipality brought three fire trucks to control the fire.

It took firefighters around 20 minutes to extinguish the fire.  After that, officers inspected the area.  Fortunately, no one was hurt or injured.

When they investigated the house owner, it was found that small round flat candles (Phang Pratheep in Lanna dialect) were lit around the house and everyone in the house went out. When they returned they found that their garage was burning they tried to put out the fire and call for help from an emergency service.  The cost of damage was under investigation.