Fire in Warorot Market

 | Mon 18 May 2015 08:31 ICT

CityNews – A fire broke out in a storehouse near Warorot market on May 17, leaving the whole building destroyed.

fire in warorot

When fire crews arrived, smoke was billowing out of the storehouse and there were reported sounds of multiple explosions coming from within.

The area was evacuated and no injuries or deaths were reported.

The four-storey building stored products used in Buddhist rituals, such as incense sticks, candles and cloth.

The fire also spread to neighbouring stores.

Accoriding to an employee, 43-year-old Kriangkrai Jaita, the storehouse was closed as normal and when they were locking up a Songtaew driver drove past and shouted that there was a fire.

They quickly re-entered the building but were overcome by the flames and had to exit, unable to put it out.

The owner of the storehouse, 76-year-old Worrapan Wisitsuwan, is still recovering from shock.

An investigation is ongoing.