Fire Breaks out in a Changpuek School

 | Tue 16 Jun 2015 05:33 ICT

CityNews – A fire broke out in the Anusarnsunthorn School, Changpuek area, yesterday June 15, but nobody was injured.

fire in school

According to reports from the staff and fire crews, the fire erupted from the school’s storeroom, and grew fast.

The blaze took around 20 minutes to control, but by that time a large part of the building and many assets were damaged.

Nobody was injured from the fire.

According to witnesses, the school had hired builders to renovate part of the building. They believe that while the builders were welding metal, some of the sparks shot off and landed on a pile of wreaths made by the students to raise money for the school. They then set alight and engulfed the store room while the builders, children and staff escaped.

The damage is estimated to be around 20,000 baht.