Counterfeit iPhone Charger Suspected of Causing Death by Electrocution – Cases all over Asia

 | Wed 27 Nov 2013 14:15 ICT

CityNews – It was reported on November 26th that a 28 old man was found dead at his house in Rayong. Police suspected that the man had been electrocuted by a faulty iPhone charger.

Phisit Changlek, it was reported on Khaosod news, was found by his father, Mr. Cheaow. The father said he found his son lying on the floor of his bedroom. His dad had earlier seen him talking on his phone while it was charging, police said.

The father also said that when he went to touch his son he felt an electric current.

A final autopsy will reveal the exact cause of death. .

There have been several news reports lately of people being electrocuted after picking up a charging iPhone, including people who died from their injuries. A number of fatalities were reported this year in China, and many have been reported worldwide, counterfeit products were expected in most cases..