Chang Phueak Fire After Electric Hotpot Short Circuits

 | Thu 17 Aug 2017 10:12 ICT

CityNews – A fire broke out at the Chang Phueak market at around 4.45pm on August 14th, causing minor damages.

The fire started in a clothing shop owned by a 60 year-old woman. The store next to her, which was owned by a 60 year-old man soon caught fire after the flames spread. The two shops were sharing an electric hot pot in the morning before closing their shops at around 10am.

Authorities believe the heat from the hot pot caused the wire to melt slightly, causing a short circuit in the afternoon that started the fire. The fire lasted just 15 minutes after fire crews and police arrived.