CityNews – A cautionary tale from 73-year old “Som” (not his real name). On the 4th July, searching for a little help for an anticipated night of passion, he took a pill he had purchased from a Line group purporting to do great things for manly-performance.
The advertising convinced him it would be just the thing to make sure his independence day went with a bang and fireworks would ensure. Alas, it turned out to be a bit of a damp squib.
Soon after taking the pill, he started to feel fatigued and subsequently passed out for three hours, rather spoiling his plans. He reached out to the supplier for a refund but they refused.
The point of this story is just to remind everyone that not everything you see online will do what it says it will do, no matter how convincing the advertisement or “expert reviews”. Untested knock-off drugs and miracle cures flood our inboxes and message groups, promising to be the answer to everything.
But remember, cases like Khun Som could have been fatal and we must be careful what “medicine” we take and where we get it from. Always seek proper medical advice, no matter how embarrassing you might think it will be.
If you feel that you have been misled by advertisements, you can make a report to the “Office of Consumer Protection Board” call 1166