According to the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office, Chiang Mai Province has begun sending out appointment notifications for Pfizer vaccines to non-Thai citizens residing in Chiang Mai who registered for a vaccine and are over 60, have pre-existing conditions, or are more than 12 weeks pregnant. You may receive the notification via phone call, email, or SMS text message. The notification should include information about the date and location for the vaccination. You may only have 24 to 48 hours of advance notice prior to your appointment.
- Previously registered in the Wall of Chiang Mai system, previously received an appointment notification for a vaccine and declined to receive that vaccine OR
- Registered in the Wall of Chiang Mai system AFTER August 17
THEN you should email email@example.com. The subject line of your email should be “Data Clarification: Surname, Given Name” and you should include the following information in the body of your email:
- Given name
- Date of birth (DDMMMYYYY ex. 21Aug1953)
- 13 digit registration number that you received after registering with the Wall of Chiang Mai system (which should begin with the digits “600”) OR the ID number from your Thai identification card for foreigners (commonly known as a “pink card ”)
- Passport number
- Phone number
- Email Address
Additionally, U.S. citizens can visit the COVID-19 Information page of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok for the latest information.
Other resources include:
- Chiang Mai Province COVID-19 update (https://www.facebook.com/Chiangmaidatacenter)
- Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT): Updates available on their website (https://www.tatnews.org/category/thailand-tourism-updates/) or by calling the TAT Call Center at +66 2 250 5500 or 1672 from within Thailand.
- Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Updates in English available on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/mfathailand).
- Thai Government Public Relations Department: Updates on their website (https://thailand.prd.go.th/main.php?filename=index) and on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/).
- Local media
Actions to Take:
- Research relevant travel restrictions and requirements before embarking on any domestic and international travel;
- Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates;
- Check your email regularly for further alerts;
- Continue COVID-19 precautions, including mask use and social distancing;
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information; and,
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand
Telephone: +66 2 205 4049
+66 2 205 4000 (after hours)
American Citizens Services
- U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai, Thailand (serving U.S. citizens in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaengphet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Petchabun, Phayao, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, and Uttaradit provinces)
Telephone: +66 053 107 700
+66 2 205 4000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Thailand Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts