25 June 2020: AIS announced the network vision of the AIS 5G – Forging Thailand’s Recovery to establish 5G in 77 provinces nationwide as a new digital infrastructure of the country, including supporting the driving of the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC), together with industry leaders in all sectors to drive the economy, society, and sustainable development.
Mr. Somchai Lertsutthiwong, Chief Executive Officer of AIS, said “In the last 3 months, the COVID-19 crisis caused greatly more tremendous consequences worldwide than any other crisis ever furthermore offered a “New Normal” that never returns to its original situation immediately at every level. We can view in 3 phases of the phenomenon: during a time of depression caused by a crisis or FALL, the next step is to fight to overcome the crisis or FIGHT, and the period in creating
a sustainable future or FUTURE. In every period, they all need a digital infrastructure as a strong foundation to support and enhance their capabilities, especially the latest technology like AIS 5G, which is like a new digital vein that has started to be used for helping and providing the country from today onwards.”
“Over the past 30 years, AIS has invested more than 1.1 trillion baht. This year, the company has prepared to invest a budget of 35,000-45,000 Million baht to develop digital infrastructure for Thais continuously. Most lately, AIS is the Digital Life Service Provider that holds the most spectrums, consisting of LOW BAND (700-900 MHz) 50 MHz, MID BAND (1800-2600 MHz) 170 MHz, and HIGH BAND (26 GHz) 1200 MHz. Besides, AIS is the first operator to launch the service of AIS 5G in the country since 21 February 2020 as well as expanded the network to all 77 provinces since last May.” along with bringing an exceptional innovation that different from other operators to enhance the network, consisting of:
- 5G Dual Mode SA/NSA Thailand is the first group in the world to SA – Stand Alone Technology and NSA – None Stand Alone Dual Mode, which can be consolidated between a particular 5G network and including a 5G network that runs with 4G to be ready for the future in using 5G in a variety of benefits in the form of Massive IoT and Mission Critical.
- 5G Network Slicing The first time in Thailand with 5G Network Slicing Technology, which is similar to Multi Network in One Network, supporting us to design a network of each layer with consistency and flexibility including the characteristics of each kind of industry and each area with flexibility, efficiency, and the requirements of doing business of each organization to the entire. The capabilities of the AIS 5G network, consequently, when combined with the features of 5G, which are speed, strength, and stability, as well as support and enhance the use of Multi Media Content to VR or AR, support connection regarding a bunch of IoT devices, and with a fast response rate of Low Latency. All of this addresses 5G to be suitable, especially for improving the capabilities of all major industrial sectors, which will be a mechanism for recovering the country in each of the following industry sections:
- Public health sector AIS 5G works with robots and AI to support medical personnel’s work to filter for patients (Robot for Care), Telemedicine, AI Assisted CT SCAN, and Mobile Stroke Unit during the period of the severe epidemic, and including to integrate Strategic Partner to develop Telemedicine continuously.
- Industrial sector in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) 5G as ICT Infrastructure to enhance the management capability in all areas, including:
- Ground sector: Industrial Estate Group consisting of Amata Corporation, Saha Pathana Inter Holding, and WHA Group that began testing the 5G Smart City already.
- Air Sector: BBS Joint Venture Group, co-investor of U-Tapao Airport Development Project and Eastern Aviation City that began testing 5G Smart Airport.
- Marine sector: Port Authority of Thailand that started testing 5G in the Laem Chabang Port area.
- Retail sector AIS 5G is developing 5G Smart Retail with Central Retail Group as the pioneer of the retail industry that covers the upstream – midstream – downstream of people’s lives, including as a wealth distribution between the producer and the buyer, and the employment capacity reaches 2 in 3 of employment in the country.
- New Multimedia to Create Immersive Experience 5G Immersive Experience with AR/VR technology, along with the Tourism Authority of Thailand, to create a new Unseen Thailand experience to attract both Thai and foreign tourists, including educational and entertainment content by reinventing the production of Thai creator content with Thailand’s first Reality Reality – AR/VR Studio.
- Sustainability Development 5G and environmental development, agriculture, and sustainable urban development by partnering with Thammasat University to create an SDG Lab in the 100 rai of land in Thammasat University’s Rangsit Campus as a model for Thais to recognize the significance of looking after the environment with one of the most concrete forms.”
Besides, AIS is announcing the LearnDi learning platform of AIS Academy for Thais to expand the strength of human resource development for each organization nationwide.
Mr. Somchai said at the conclusion that “AIS people are ready to bring the best AIS 5G to become the leading digital vein of Thailand from today onwards. Due to the crisis of Covid-19 that happened in the past is an essential lesson for Thais and around the world that amid the crisis, there is always a great opportunity. Still, it depends on how we capture the opportunity. For Thailand, remarkable strengths are accepted by all sectors for outstanding health systems, beautiful natural attractions, plentiful sources of food, and many more. Accordingly, bringing digital such as 5G to integrate into the associated processes of the industries, as mentioned above, will help transform Thailand to overcome the crisis to the best. Therefore, I require all sectors to join in the national recovery mission in response to the “Thais Building Nation Together” government policy.