A Revolutionnary Innovation: Protein-Free Botox
Aesthetic medicine is developing at a rapid pace, with new research and technology offering physicians training and tools to better care for their patients’ beauty and skin requirements. It can sometimes therefore be quite bewildering and intimidating for the novice client seeking aesthetic treatments in a great sea of clinics, doctors, treatments and medicine.
At the end of the day, it is the education and expertise of the physician that is of the utmost importance. A good doctor will know what equipment to invest in, what medicine to dispense, what course of action to take and with experience, will be able to offer the best advice and treatment.
Husband and wife dermatologists Chatbongkoch Khemacheewakul and Peerapong Sudsanguan are both graduates of the Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University. Following their medical degree and internship, they enrolled in the Institute of Dermatology of Thailand and are both certified dermatologists, a discipline few aesthetics doctors have mastered, meaning that they are not merely aesthetic practitioners, but have in depth knowledge of the skin and all the issues and solutions surrounding dermatology.
They currently own two clinics with one on Nimmanhaemin Road and another at Skin dream at Baan Nai-Fun 1, Padad both of which have been enjoying a growing reputation for dermatological care as well as aesthetics. “Our patients come to us for a great variety of dermatological issues,” said Dr. Chatbongkoch, whose own flawless complexion is her clinic’s greatest advertisement. “Some have serious problems such as those requiring skin cancer treatments, or need solutions to ongoing allergies, infections or severe acne,” she continued. “My husband also works with hair and follicle issues such as transplant as well as nail problems. But more and more we are finding people who come to us for aesthetics purposes and to that end, our educational background has given us an advantage in understanding the latest products and equipment in the markets and how to apply them.”
To meet the needs of clients seeking aesthetic and anti-ageing treatments, the doctors offer a variety of non-surgical solutions.
• Laser skin tightening: minimally invasive and non-surgical treatment using an infrared laser to tighten the skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface, causing the skin to contract and tighten.
• Long-pulsed Nd-Yag: a laser producing near-infrared wavelengths that penetrates deep into the skin and can significantly heat deep skin tissues, such as large blood vessels and vascular lesions.
• Radio frequency: an aesthetic technique that uses RF energy to heat tissue and stimulate subdermal collagen production, reducing the appearance of fine lines and smoothing out the skin.
• Needling neo-collagenesis and electroporation: a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment designed to improve the appearance of wrinkles and scars by reviving collagen and pushing vitamins into the skin.
• Intradermal growth-factor injection: a series of injections containing a complex of proteins stimulate hair follicles which can generate hair growth.
Other services offered include standard skin treatments such as fillers for volumnising and reshaping and more.
While Botulinum Toxin (Botox) injections have been ironing out wrinkles for over a generation, there are still imperfections in numerous Botox products which can lead to lack of effectiveness in long term usage, as well as possible side effects. In the United States alone, millions of usages of Botulinum occur annually, whether to decrease wrinkles, lessen depth of facial creases or used to prevent perspiration under the arm pit or on the palm of the hand. Most users come away with no side effects, but there are still numerous instances when there are allergies to the product or the product doesn’t meet advertised credentials. Most of these flaws come from the impurities surrounding the Complexing Protein which is used to coat the Botulinum Neurotoxin, the active agent in Botox.
Diamond Toxin is the latest revolutionary invention which now removes all Complexing Proteins, so that Botulinum is the only active neurotoxin. This highly purified active neurotoxin is the next generation of US FDA-approved medication, which has a proven track record for safety through XEOMIN, its manufacturer’s, original use of it as a therapeutic agent.
This highly purified product is the safest, most effective and efficient treatment available in the market and can be found at both branches of Skin Dream Clinic.
Skin Dream Laser Center
135/33 Soi 1 Baan Nai Fun1, Mahidol road
T. Padad A. Mueang, Chiang Mai 50100
Tel. 053 283 345, 091 141 9515