The 13th Junior Dublin Literary Awards
Citylife Chiang Mai and The Nation are pleased to organise the northern region’s contest for the “13th Junior Dublin Literary Awards for Thailand”. This year’s subject matter is, “Moving Forward”, and school children between the ages of 14 -18 years old are invited from throughout the north of Thailand to participate. The winners will receive cash prizes as well as return plane tickets for them and a member of their family to fly to Bangkok to join the national competition. Should they win they will get a chance to fly to Dublin to meet the winner of the prestigious Dublin Literary Awards.
Terms and Conditions:
- This writing contest is open to high school (M.4-M.6 or Grade10-Grade12) students in Thailand who hold Thai citizenship.
- Each entry must be in English and should be 800-1,200 words long. It must be written by the student individually and not be edited by others.
- The submission period is from December 15, 2017, to February 9th, 2018
- The winning author from each region will win a 10,000 baht cash prize, while the two runners-up from each region will receive a 5,000 baht cash prize each.
- The national winner and one parent will win a trip to Dublin, Ireland where they will attend the International Dublin Literary Award Ceremony, the world’s richest literary prize.
Writers from Northern Region can send their entries via e-mail to:
Or mail to: CityLife Chiang Mai Magazine
555/211 Fifth Avenue, Chiang Mai-Phrao Rd., Moo 2, Nong Chom, San Sai, Chiang Mai 50210